We all know make-up is expensive, so it get's a little pricey when you need to top up. Especially when you run out of everything at once! Well we would like to share a great article with you full of tips of making your make-up last longer :)
I am constantly talking to my girlfriends about what an investment beauty products are. If you’re a product junkie like me, your beauty budget can closely rival what you spend on new clothes. So whether it’s my wardrobe or makeup supply, I really want to make sure that I protect my investment.
Here are a few of my favourite ways to make my makeup last:
1. Build a Better Makeup BagAt times, I look through my stash and find no fewer than a dozen variations of the exact same lip shade. None of these products get used consistently and they mostly end up expiring before I can even scratch the surface. I've learned that by better editing my purchase decisions, I can make sure that I have a variety of products that I use more frequently – and I’m more likely to use them to the very last drop.
2. Clean your BrushesNot only are makeup brushes expensive, but they also touch all of your makeup. By keeping them clean, not only are you extending their life, but also the life of your products. Keeping powders and blushes free and clear of oils and bacteria that tend to break them down will help them live a longer life.
3. Keep it PrettyYou will never find my hard earned makeup knocking around in a vanity drawer or at the bottom of my purse. Oh, the horror! I’m careful to keep my beauty treasures tucked inside of pouches when I’m on the go or on a tray sitting on my vanity at home. This way, there’s far less chance that they will crack or explode, wasting precious product.
4. Scrape the BottomI recently discovered these little spatulas that you can use to actually scrape the bottom of your makeup bottles to get to the very end of them. I’ve also been known to use them after cutting open tubes of concealer and lip gloss to collect one final application. Brilliant!
5. Portion ControlIt may go without saying, but using only what you need can really make your makeup last. I found that I was always left with unneeded foundation or extra moisturiser after applying, so I downsized my dose and I’m wasting less. Making other small changes like not spraying my fragrance into the air and walking through it has also helped!
These tricks have definitely helped me to stretch my beauty dollar, but I’m dying to know: how do you make your makeup last?
If you would like to view the original article click here.